The complete range of heating and plumbing services for Harborough, Lutterworth, Kibworth and surrounding villages
Solar PV Case Study
Mr Humphrey from Leicestershire
After considering installing solar panels for his detached four-bed property in Thorpe Langton for a number of years, in 2011 Mr Humphrey finally made the decision to install solar PV.
Mr Humphrey explains: “Solar panels have always appealed to me but it wasn’t until I started some DIY that I began to seriously consider installing them. While shopping at a local DIY store I was approached by a solar company so agreed for them to come out and assess whether the house was suitable. It turned out that our south-facing roof was perfect for solar panels so they gave us a price.
“It turned out that our south-facing roof was perfect for solar panels.”
“As I was already familiar with Lewington Heating and Gas, as a point of price and service comparison I then decided to ask Lewington Solar for a quote too. Lewington Solar came back to me with a better price and product/service arrangement so I gave the team the go-ahead.”
Darren King, the Renewable Energy Manager at Lewington Solar says: “Mr Humphrey’s solar electric system is larger than most, consisting of 16 panels fitted to the south-facing roof, producing an output of 3.95kwp.”
With the installation complete, Mr Humphreys is very satisfied with the performance of his new solar PV system: “It’s still early days but the solar panels are working fine and meeting my expectations. The installation service from Lewington Solar was also very good. The team worked quickly and were very professional throughout.
“The installation service from Lewington Solar was also very good. The team worked quickly and were very professional throughout.”
“I’d be only too happy to recommend Lewington Solar and have already done so to a neighbour who is now also considering solar panels.”
Know the facts
- Contrary to popular belief, solar panels are suited to the UK’s temperate climate because they absorb light and UV energy – direct sunlight is not essential.
- Solar PV panels enable you to save up to 50 per cent on your electricity bills, or more if you install a larger system.
- By installing solar PV panels you will save around 1,000kg of harmful carbon dioxide being emitted into the atmosphere every year.
- The life expectancy of solar PV panels is approximately 20 to 30 years.
- Solar panels from Lewington Solar come with a 10-year manufacturer warranty and need little servicing/maintenance.
- Greater demand for solar energy has reduced manufacturing costs, making solar panels more affordable than ever.
- Solar panels are subject to a reduced VAT rate of just 5 per cent.
- You do not need planning permission for solar panels, unless you live in a conservation area or a listed building.
For more information on renewable energy sources and how Lewington Solar can help you lower your energy bills, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01858 433 333 and ask to speak to Darren King.
If you would like to speak to Mr Humphrey directly about his solar PV system, please let us know and we will arrange for you to do so.